Be a GraceWorker
The GraceWorker is a vital and unique position at GraceWorks. Working directly with our Neighbors in need, this position requires a serious commitment. GraceWorkers must be spiritually mature in their own faith, carefully discerning, compassionate and have a deep love of people.
graceWorker role description
- Spiritually Mature
- Demonstrating the Fruits of the Spirit
- Align with the Mission of GraceWorks Ministries
- At least a 3.5 hour per week shift, either 9-12:30 or 12:30-4, M-F.
- Commit to one year as a GraceWorker
- Meet in person and by phone with Neighbors of all socioeconomic groups, races, ages, religions, etc. to assess their physical, emotional, and spiritual needs
Offer space and time for the Neighbor to process their current situation without judgment
Process all utility, clothing, and furniture requests with discernment and dignity for the Neighbor
Make appointments for food as needed, encouraging Neighbors to use the GraceWorks Ministries website to make their appointment (www.graceworks.help)
Volunteer in a fast-paced, potentially demanding office environment, often working on many cases simultaneously
Make follow-up calls to Neighbors who have been previously assisted by Neighbor Services
Remain knowledgeable regarding other community resources available to Neighbors (jobs, shelters, counseling, legal help, etc.) and offer these as needed
Collaborate with the GraceWorker Manager, other GraceWorkers, and GraceWorks staff
GraceWorkers must be willing to:
Listen without judgment and with patience as Neighbors talk about their current situations
Reflect to the Neighbor what was heard
Ask appropriate and discerning questions of the Neighbor
Offer prayer to anyone at any time
Identify those in spiritual, emotional, or psychological crisis
Learn and use computer applications frequently, such as Salesforce, etc.
Refer to GraceWorks staff any Neighbor needing additional assistance outside the scope of the GraceWorker (i.e. Domestic violence, suicide, etc.)
Attend all required GraceWorker training
graceWorker recruiting process
• Applications open; Observation in GraceWorker office; Creation of Volunteer Profile
• Phone screens for new applicants
• Interviews (2 in person interviews)/Reference checks/Background Checks
• Offers to join training cohort for those selected
• New GraceWorkers to complete volunteer profile (if not already done)
• Training cohort begins
• Ongoing training in office for new GraceWorkers
• Check-Ins with GraceWorkers at Six and Twelve weeks
Contact volunteer relations Manager
the insiders fund
As a prized volunteer, you are a GraceWorks Insider. You opened your heart to our mission and rolled up your sleeves to join us in serving our neighbors.
Join the Insiders Fund today and consider making a donation. Every dollar goes directly to GraceWorks’ core programs – Food, Shelter and Support.