The Sales Associate supports the GraceWorks Ministries’ goals, values, and philosophy by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, quality service, commitment, and accountability. As a member of the GraceWorks Ministries’ team, the performance includes the demonstration of the following accountabilities: communication, teamwork, job knowledge, and leadership.
The Sales Associate will be responsible for fulfilling any of the tasks to complete a sale of our donated goods, from operating the cash register, organizing and replenishing merchandise on the sales floor, assisting customers, and cleaning common areas.
• Count money and place it in the cash register.
• Open store and operate cash register during store hours.
• Assist customers in their purchases. If they have a voucher, help them select the items that apply to their voucher.
• Balance cash register and perform closing duties, including reports, at the end of the day.
• Able to react to change productively and handle all other duties/essential tasks as assigned.
• Dust, straighten, and stock merchandise as needed
• Change prices with permission of the supervisor
• Post-sales on whiteboards
• Clean dressing rooms
• Perform assigned kitchen and work area clean-up.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma or GED required
Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of individuals; problem-solving skills; good judgment; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; computer literate with working knowledge of cash register and money handling skills; highly developed organizational, planning, and oral and written communication skills; ability to work effectively with others.
The position is in a retail store setting involving everyday risks or discomforts requiring standard safety precautions.